Articles on this Page
- 09/08/15--19:36: _Among Animals 2: We...
- 10/09/15--17:56: _Free Range, a short...
- 12/04/15--19:32: _And now some great ...
- 06/18/16--13:35: _The Tourist Trail, ...
- 10/12/16--08:50: _Have you read My La...
- 05/21/17--17:02: _City of Strays in Qu
- 06/01/17--08:22: _The Tourist Trail: ...
- 01/28/18--13:46: _My conversation wit...
- 05/07/18--10:18: _Corporate intellige...
- 09/08/15--19:36: Among Animals 2: We’re almost there…
- 10/09/15--17:56: Free Range, a short story now on Flyway
- 12/04/15--19:32: And now some great news for Magellanic penguins
- 06/18/16--13:35: The Tourist Trail, bag included
- 10/12/16--08:50: Have you read My Last Continent?
- 05/21/17--17:02: City of Strays in Qu
- 06/01/17--08:22: The Tourist Trail: Free for a limited time…
- 01/28/18--13:46: My conversation with Jasmin
- 05/07/18--10:18: Corporate intelligence and the animal rights movement
We are looking for 4-5 short stories to round out Among Animals. If you happen upon this blog and you think you’ve got a story that might be a fit, please submit here.
I’m happy to have a short story published in the journal Flyway — particularly because it’s now online and free the world. You can check out the story here. My notes to go with the story: Our society’s addiction to eating animals is leading our planet, inexorably, to a dark future. “Free Range” explores what […]
The Tourist Trail takes place on the site of the world’s largest Magellanic penguin colony and, though the book is fiction, the colony is very much real. It is located on the coast of Punta Tombo, Argentina. And this coastal region has long been heavily fished, which means penguins have for decades been caught up in […]
My publisher Ashland Creek Press has put together a nice book bundle that includes The Tourist Trail along with a beautiful new recycled cotton bag, as shown here: . Learn more
If you enjoyed The Tourist Trail then I’m sure you will love My Last Continent. It’s about a penguin researcher, a shipwreck, and a romance below the Antarctic Circle. Click here to learn more.
I’m happy to have my latest short story City of Strays published in Qu: A contemporary literary magazine from Queens University of Charlotte. And I love the cover, particularly because my story is, at one level, about cats. You can read the full story here. I hope you enjoy it.
For the next two weeks I am participating in a unique promotion, organized by Margi Prideaux, that showcases 20 environmentally themed eBooks on Instafreebie. Yes, these book are free to download. All you have to do is sign up for the author’s email list. To see the full list of books, click here. The promotion goes from today […]
I had a great chat with Jasmin Singer as part of this Our Hen House podcast. Check it out!
An interesting article in the New York Times about the rise of corporate intelligence (spying) firms and the lengths they will go to in order to dig up dirt on activists and other ordinary people. I mention this because my next book, coming next year (at long last), is about the role of one such […]